Thursday, March 14, 2013

Personal Technology Reflection


Personal Technology Reflection
In today’s society, technology is ever growing and becoming more relevant and important in the modern world. Almost every career path requires a basic understanding of how and when to use appropriate means of technology. It was not until I entered college that I realized how big of a role technology plays in the field of education. Now more than ever teachers are encouraged to incorporate technology in the classroom to ensure students have various avenues toward learning. As a future educator, I feel that I have a basic understanding of technology so that I am able to accomplish certain tasks. However, I feel that I could have a better grasp in this area so I can help all of my students excel in the classroom with the help of technology.
On the technology skills assessment, my results showed that I am overall competent enough to take part in online learning. However, I showed a somewhat weak score on the technology at home section. This is not surprising as my personal computer is several years old and I honestly do not put much effort into keeping it updated and protected. This is probably because I am not very educated on how to do so. In the rest of the sections, I scored mainly proficient in my technology skills. This helped demonstrate that I do have the means and capabilities of completing work technologically.
I do have the confidence that I am able to use basic technology and complete work in this manner. However, besides this, I do not have much confidence in this area. I know that there exists a great amount of technological resources that will enhance my work as both a student and future teacher. I am excited to learn about such resources and glad I get the opportunity to do so in this course!

 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment